Had to write on this! Sometimes I see something and really get a desire to write something on it. I saw this brief artlcle yesterday. There is this singer that was on Britian's Idol show that is similar to American Idol where music stars are discovered. Her name is Susan Boyle. She is a lady from Scotland who wore old clothes and had a kinda "older" hair style. Think of Jessica Simpson on one end of the scale and Susan Boyle all the way on the other end. Anyway she can sing and she got "discovered". Actually it is a bit of a scam I think, believe Simon knew of her, and it is a money making venture-which plays into the story. See Susan got this makeover, wish you could see the before and after. She looks quite different! Susan got a new hair style, she got her bushy eyebrows trimmed, she put on a leather jacket and boy O boy does Susan look like a "new Susan". It is quite stunning actually what makeovers can do. Susan is now more than ready to sell thousands of CD's and make her and Simon tons of money! (That is a another topic-another day-greed) but anyway back to my writing.
The thing that sticks out to me is that a makeover can do NOTHING--I repeat NOTHING. Ok bear with me I want to do this--N-O-T-H-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!. I'm trying to give emphasis here-thanks for bearing with me. But a makeover cannot do a thing for the INSIDE. Yes it's only a change that brings the outside to more beauty. A makeover changed for instance Susan's hair, eyebrows, clothes makeup, whatever else they did. She is now an outside stunner, is she an inside stunner? What people need, and I don't know Susan Boyle, but what people need is a HEART makeover. That change that comes from the inside -out. Not from the outside-in. Susan I'm positve felt better for an hour or so, maybe even 4 or 5 hours, but after that did she see that she still has some form of issues that the leather jacket could not help with??
There is a generation that is pure in its own eyes. Yet is not washed from its filthiness (Prov 30.12). Again Im not judging Susan, she is just the focal point in the news. But people need a washing from filthiness. An INSIDE change that only comes from a pure relationship with the living God. I think God is about the heart. It is fine to want to look nice, but the externals the way we look to others is not key! No its not what is key in life. To God the lowest of the low are the highest in his eyes. Does the world understand that what matters most is not how Susan looks on the outside, but what matters is the heart of Susan Boyle and millions of others? I dont think the world around us gets it. I must say I think that beauty is king. I cant help but feel that way.
No room to go into here all biblical passages that focus on the fact that Jesus liked to hang with those who were the least in society. Jesus could care less what a person looks like on the outside. It is of zero concern to the One who was able to pierce into the depths of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment