Monday, April 6, 2009

Looking for a better place

Hebrews 11.16-"they were looking for a better place,a heavenly homeland". I think I will get there-heaven that is. Now first of all, I'm not overly anxious to get there I must admit. Even as bad a place as this ol world here is, I want to meet my mate God has for me, I want to see UK win another NCAA basketball championship, I want to meet more good friends, I want to eat more good steaks from my brother in laws restuarant, I want to lay out by beaches and so on, you get the idea. But the other day I had to drive 515 miles in my trucking job with my back in great pain. Somewhere along the line with anguish on my face I said-man in heaven no more back pain like this, no more lonely times, no more aches all over in my body and in my soul. The Bible is so true isn't it? It says we will have troubles here on earth, and I've had my share. What if I began to live as each day is my last day here? Would I treat people better? Would I laugh more? Would I seek to reach out to others with the gospel message more? Maybe I should try that. Just lay it all on the line each day. Mostly I just keep to myself, I think I keep too much inside when a world around me is dying. Lord what about the people I run across who put no hope in a heaven beyond this world? Lord will you work thru me to reach these people in some way? Just a word Lord to them, use just one word I may say to them. I guess I just want to live more like an alien. Kinda like I'm a stranger down here in Kentucky. Oh bear with me, I think I will get there, but it will only come with engrossing myself in God's Word-I admit so little I read it. Oh bear with me folks-Who wants to join me in becoming aliens? It's difficult to picture the afterlife-but it will be a much better place. No lonlieness there at all. Anybody else longing like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment