Reading in Hebrews today. Heb 5.7-speaks of Jesus and his "reverent submission". I get real convicted here. Do you? How often I have gone my own way! Done my own thing-and every single time it is of no avail. The only way to peace, life, health, joy, and ability to love others is submitting to the One who IS. The One who IS the GREAT I AM. I guess it's easy to go our own way, we are bent that way because of our flesh. Heck on that note the flesh has to be subdued! We are at war with our flesh! It will always seek the easy route! One key thing here is that if Jesus sought submission to his Father of Love, should not we?? Let us take our example from the God-man who saw that he needed his Fathers help on an hour by hour basis. I write this and say in full confession-Ive failed. And with that failure comes a godly sorrow. That godly sorrow is good but not so pleasant.
Just a prayer here tonight-Father you are the One who loves me with a love beyond any I can fathom. You love me, and your followers intensely. Forgive us O Lord for seeking to live our lives beyond your reach. Forgive us as we have lost sight of your face. Would you revive your church O Lord! We will never be able to be your people unless we set our faces fully toward your face! Let it be your will and your face we seek O Lord our God. We say that you are above all other gods and idols. We know you are right when you judge, all your ways are righteous and holy! Fan the flames in your peoples hearts tonight Gracious God!
Amen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment